8 July 2017 at 7:30pm
High Cross Church, Camberley
Tickets £15.00 and £5.00 for full-time students
18 March 2017 at 7:30pm
This was another in our Gala Concert series, bringing quality classical music to the Borough. The full performance of Messiah was very much in the style of an 18th century performance, with the orchestra using period instruments.
We hope you didn’t miss this rare chance to hear Handel’s iconic work performed as he intended it!
Some comments from the audience…
- “Loved this interpretation of Messiah; I found it very moving.”
- “Amazing lightness in singing!”
- “Beautiful stage look enhanced by great lighting; superb singing, wonderful orchestra and soloists.”
- “Wonderfully clear diction of the choir!”
- “Delighted and enthralled. Will definitely want tickets to next concert in July.”
- “SHS just keeps on getting better and better!”
Members of Surrey Heath Singers performed two of Dame Ethel Mary Smyth’s songs dedicated to the Suffragette movement in her former house, Frimhurst in Frimley Green, as part of a celebration for the local composer’s life and works in September 2016.
Formed in 1986 as the Surrey Heath Choral Society, we are a friendly non-auditioned mixed voice choir of 75 singers. As of September 2013, we are now performing under the new name of Surrey Heath Singers. An a cappella group has been formed and is known as Singet!
Rehearsal evenings are entertaining, enriching and enjoyable and a warm welcome is extended to all who come along. We rehearse each Monday evening (except on Bank Holidays) from 7.30pm – 9.30pm in the main hall, High Cross Church, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3SY.